READING AND FOCUSING
I have a question and I hope that someone can really answer me.  I don't know what this problem is but, I am a student and it never used to happen to me before.  Recently I realised that while I am reading, my mind will be thinking of several different things at the same time, either something that happened in the immediate past or a long time ago.   Sometimes my mind wonders to think of other things than what I am reading infront of me.  The problem is, I do not stop or pause and go into a day dream, I am reading the words in my mind and my thoughts will be wondering.  Sometimes I will finished reading a document or article, and have to read it over, because I read and don't know what I read.  Sometimes, I even have to ask myself what did I just read.   I don't know, it's like I am reading but not reading at the same time.  I have also realised that I have difficulty remembering things that I have studied or something someone has said to me, or even after reading a news article on line, I can't remember most of what I read.  Is this a focus problem, because sometimes I will be focusing so hard and after finish reading the materials I can't remember alot of it.  What is that, can someone please help me?  Thank you.
Well, aside from anything wrong neurologically, it really sounds to me like you are tired.  If you don't get enough quality sleep, you cannot concentrate on reading or anything else.  Also, if you don't get enough protein, that will also make you kind of dull.  Try to eat lots of good food and drink plenty of water, exercise to where you break a sweat, and sleep on a routine schedule.  Also, make time in your week to do fun and creative things, like art, dancing, music, it gives the "left brain" a chance to rest.