Neurology Community
Regarding astrocytoma grade II

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Regarding astrocytoma grade II

Hi. I am suffering from diffuse astrocytoma brain tumor, grade II. The tumor has developed in the thinking side of my brain. Doctors are saying surgery would be risky in my case as the tumor is quite deep inside.I am also being told that my survival rate is just 5 years. I want to know about the treatments available other than surgery. I have also heard about tomotherapy treatment which is an advanced version of radiation therapy. I want a complete removal of my tumor. I have even heard that most of the patients suffering from grade IV astrocytoma have got cured completely. Can anyone suggest me a complete cure?? Please let me know about tomotherapy and other treatments availabIe. I would be thankful.
Hi, Thank you for your question. Generally, grade-2 astrocytoma is slow growing and represents with most common symptoms of seizures. Although resection along with radiation & chemotherapy of tumor may provide relief in symptoms (seizures) in one or to years, but due to invasive nature of the tumor it may recur as well. Unfortunately, rehabilitation is the only effective way to help you to regain function in better way and prevent from permanent losses. If rehabilitation program is appropriately instituted, most of the stroke patients can regain maximum functions with appropriate therapy, training and support services. For coordinated rehabilitation program a team of a neurologist, a physiotherapist, an occupational therapist and a speech-language pathologist, a nutritionist work together to help you in your recovery. Therefore, I would suggest following the suggestion made by them and recovery will be although slow but most of the functions may be restored. Therefore, your treating doctor will be in best position to let you know the precise outcome after the surgery. Hope this helps.

Sir, thank you for your reply.. Let me tell you what my MRI report says that there is a tumor in the right thalamus starting from the medial right temporal lobe and subsequent invasion of the left thalamus.
Image shows hyperintense tumor without significant edema. Faint enhancement was seen on the other part of the brain. Calculated ADC value of 110 x 10-3 mm2/s indicates low-grade malignant tumor.
I could not understand some medical terms. Can you throw some light on it and explain me and also guide me on this? Please do let me know whether this problem can be cured through homeopathy. Thank you