Return to weightlifting after cervical disc fusion ?
I'm trying to decide whether to go through with an ACDF.  PT has reduced the pain to a tolerable (without meds) level. My left arm still has pins & needles, but that's not enough to push me into surgery.  My main complaint is a weak left tricep.  I'm turning 50 this year and have been lifting weights regularly for the last 10+ years.  When I first discovered the weakness, it was drastic - I had lost 80% of the strength in my tricep.  I worked at it and had it almost back to full strength after PT (traction) made great improvement, but after about 6 good weeks I once again had the radiculopathy back.  Now my tricep is at 50% normal strength, but it is not improving at all.
My question - and I know that there are no guarantees with surgery - but is it reasonable to think that I might be able to regain most or all of the strength that was in that arm before ?  I am a dedicated workout nut who is hoping for reasonable odds of recovery.  (oh, it's single-level ACDF at c6-c7, moderate herniation pressing on left C6 nerve root, and I don't smoke)
thank you !