Neurology Community
SCI and sex

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

SCI and sex

I am a 4 1/2 year incomplete SCI patient. I am healthy, in good shape, and happy. Since my accident I have not been able to expel sperm(have an orgasm that produces ejaculate). Well I was masturbating and much to my surprise I ejaculated, and I ejaculated like I had before my SCI injury. The only difference was that my sperm was a rusty color, kinda brown. I tried again within the hour and I produced ejaculate that was rusty colored again. With a lack of better wording at the moment. How in the world do I go from no ejaculate, to a "super soaker" style orgasm. I am blown away and I wont be able to get to the doctor until the week starts. Can anyone give me some kind of explanation for this sudden in change outcome?
I can hazard a guess.  It's possible that for whatever reason your injury, altho it took place more than four years ago, is actually improving by degrees, and this is the result, sexual functioning is returning.  It's also possible if you were taking a medication for a long time and quit it fairly recently, the meds could have prevent you from normal sexual activity.  Now, the rust color may have to do with bleeding and bruising that has been sitting there for a while.  It can also indicate a possible infection, altho I think that's unlikely, but keep it in mind.  Drink some extra water for a while, do your thing when you want to, and hopefully you will see some change in the coloration.  If a month or whatever goes by and it stays the same color all the time, you should see a doc of course, so he can decide what the source of the discoloration is, and explain it and hopefully fix it.

I am SO sorry you have this paralysis situation going on, how frustrating that must be.  I was in a car accident a number of years ago and was disabled,  had compression fractures of vertebrae in my spine and feet, I can walk (lurch) for a short while, but it just hurts so much to do even SIMPLE things, even with medication.  My frustration is huge, I was in a grand funk for a long time, but recently am enjoying a positive change in attitude, have begun to take short walks in the yard with my dog.  I wonder if you are able to walk, and if not, I wonder if this new experience bodes well for trying even that again!