Sever Nerve Pain only in upper left leg.
I have to go back and see my neurosurgen and my appointment isn't for a while.  So, here's the problem first... Only in my left upper leg/hip area/groin area, I have this nerve pain, I guess that is what it is. I wake up in the middle of the night screaming and crying cause it hurts. I can't stand to have nothing touch my leg cause it feels like my skin is going to come off.  The inside of my leg feels like it's got a bunch of wires and they are shorting out.  This pain is just progressively getting worse.  I do have a problem with my back and the lumbar does need fused.  But can someone please tell me why or what would be causing this horrible pain???

Thanks for writing in.
Your symptoms are quite possibly due to nerve compression since you have severe back issues which require fusion. Other possibilities are peripheral neuropathies which can occur due to diabetes or B12 deficiency.
If it is possible to get an earlier appointment please do so since your symptoms require immediate medical help.
In the meantime do not overexert yourself and take rest. You can also take OTC pain killers and B complex supplements. Hope this helps!
I have tried to call and they can not get me in sooner.  I am curently taking Kadian, Vicoden ES, Neuroten, Naproxen... and still no relief.  I have had blood work done and I do not have diabetes.  As for the B12, not sure, but I will go and get the supplement to see if it helps.
Recently, I was diagnose a RCC. My right kidney has been removed about more than a year ago then the tumor  spread to my lungs. But now i had a pain on my upper left leg goes up to my hip sometimes or to my thigh, please tell me what's the cause of the pain?