Neurology Community
Severe muscle spasms and cramps
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Severe muscle spasms and cramps

My daughter has been having severe muscle cramps and constant muscle spasms recently and I don't know why. She is also very shaky and very often gets lightheaded.
The muscle spasms will not stop and are continuous, some are small and unnoticeable from the outside unless you feel the place she is having a spasm. Some are big and actually move her arms, legs, ect. They are very uncomfortable for her and sometimes very painful.
She gets muscle cramps all over her body all at once sometimes. Before she actually gets the cramps she will feel a tingle all over her whole body. Then she feels like it's violently vibrating everywhere which is painful. After that her fingers start to curl up and she can't stop it no matter how hard she trys and cannot move them. Then her arms and legs start too. The whole process can take under 30 minutes. After a while she can not move at all and she has extreme pain. Then after a while it starts to go away and she can move again. This often starts to happen but does not go all the way to the point where she can not move at all.
This only started happening a few months ago but now it is a very common event and I don't know why it happens. I am making sure she doesn't get deprived of any nutrients and that she is eating and drinking but nothing seems to help. Why is this happening to her?
Is your child male or female?
:  
Female
What is your child's age?
:  
What is your child's height?
:  
5'2"
What is your child's weight (kgs or lbs)
:  
94lbs
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank