Skull calcifications - question for the Dr.
About 10 years ago I was having severe headaches and noticed a lump just behind my left temple.  My Dr. sent me for a CT and I was diagnosed with calcification on my skull.  It was almost a perfect ball of calcium and it was causing pressure on a nerve so he sugested cort. injections.  After a few I no longer had any pain and he told me to keep an eye on it and if I noticed it getting any larger to let them know and surgery may be needed.  Now, 10 years later, I have noticed that it has indeed gotten larger, I had my first child 2 years ago and it has almost doubled in size since giving brith.  And since it is growing in almost a perfect ball shape it is causing constant pressure in my head and upper jaw.  I am not finding any information on such conditions.  Are they common?  And how dangerous is the procedure to have it removed, or "shaved down".  And if it is a calcium deposit, is it possible that it would come back?  I sincerely appreciate any infomration you are able to provide.
As someone with chronic bilateral subdural haematomas and heavy calcification as well as hydrocephalus,I have always been assured that the calcification does not pose a problem in itself.