Small Fiber Neuropathy and eyes pain
I'm a 30 yrs old woman diagnosed with accelerated small fiber neuropathy. I already have it everywhere in my body and now I suddenly started having pain in my eyes. I been dealing with my small fiber neuropathy symptoms for 4 years now and so far the doctors haven't found the cause of my neuropathy. Is this eye pain something I'm supposed to experience as part of my neuropathy spreading? Is there a home remedy to treat the pain until I can get to see my neurologist?
I would appreciate any suggestions...
I have just been diagnosed with SFN and am reading everything I can on it, including old posts.  I was disappointed that you had received no responses on this and am wondering how you are doing and if you found out what was causing the eye pain.  I have eye surface inflammation caused by my psoriatic arthritis and for years have had it relieved by Lotemax, prescribed by my optician.  It looks like a long, hard road ahead with this SFN, especially since I have been through so much with 3 types of arthritis, burning mouth syndrome, etc. etc.  Hope this goes through to you and that you have had some relieve the last couple of years.
Hi Susan I was diag with SFN too. It is such a horrible painful disorder. They tell me its "idiopathic" no known cause. I was dx Oct 2012 by skin biopsy. I have soo many symptoms: pins & needles, tinglin in arms, legs hands and feet. Buzzing in legs, vibratory feelings in legs and feet and in gut .It is widespread its on my face and mouth I get a numbing sensation in the back of my throat oh fun! I get burning alll over my body even on my torso.hands and feet get sensitive, I have it all. I am taling 275mgs lyrica day.dosent sound like much but side effetcs are tough. tryed neurotin, cymbalta they triggered anxiety. So Im stuck in hell with this and lyrica that is not helping. How are you doing  with the SFN? Do you still get sympyoms? are you taking anything for it and does it help? sorry for all the questions and the rant but Im desperate, losing this battle with this beast. and for no known cause, I am otherwise healthy. Had many many bloodtests, emg, ncs, mri spine and brain.had it all ,so they say...
I had the same symptoms but they all went away after I eliminated aspartame from my diet, no diet pop, or any type of artificial sweeteners.