So Exhausted
My fatigue started in 1989...I was 30.  I'm 51 now, female.  I had bouts of having to be in bed...no real "illness" but just so exhausted I could not care for my kids.  This went on for about 10+ years...I lived in WA at the time.

After moving back to AZ in 2001, I began to experience pain in my hands and arms, and lower legs.  In addition, I have had migraines since I was a teen.  Had a gastric bypass operation (open surgery) in 2005; lost 100 lbs.  After gaining more weight, I had a hernia repaired, and at the same time had my sm intestine bypassed more (ERNY)...but it seems that the surgeon OVERLY bypassed the sm intestine.  Hence, I suffered severe malabsorption thru all of 2009.  Had to have my gall bladder removed during that year.  After serious medical testing, I had the ERNY reversed by a very competent surgeon.  The pain that I had suffered since about 2001 would come and go thru all these years, accompanied by fatigue, pain, irrational moods, muscle twitching, worsening vision (including macular degeneration and now cataracts).  When I stand, i get dizzy/lightheaded.  2x last year i suffered with bouts of near black-outs accompanied by R facial numbness.  My R ear feels "stuffed" yet all exams show nothing there...testing has shown hearing loss in both ears.  I have developed Raynaud's.  I also developed Hemolytic Anemia during this time of malabsorption.

After this last surgery, Dec 2009, I am suffering with severe SEVERE fatigue and body pain.  I have had to quit work due to the inability to function any longer.  My liver enzymes are elevated, yet negative Hep test.  Negative lupus.  
Today I saw a neurologist, but he is perplexed.  I am desperate.  I cannot work, yet without a diagnosis, I cannot prove that I have an illness that will allow me to collect SSI or other $ to pay my bills.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.