Neurology Community
Spondylitic Change, Osteophye complex, left central canal stenosis
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Spondylitic Change, Osteophye complex, left central canal stenosis

What does all this mean for my "quality of life"?  I had an MRI due to a bad crick in my neck/upper back that wouldn't go away and began to cause headaches and arm numbness and now that occasiona and very strange phenomenon that I have tiny bugs (sweat bee or fire ant) stinging me on arms, legs, hands and chest.  I got back my MRI report and it says...
The vertebral bodies are normal in height with REVERSAL NORMAL CURVATURE centered at C5-C6 level.  The marrow signal of the vertebra is within normal limits.  The disc heights are well-preserved.  C5-C6:  There is a disc osteophyte complex worse in the left paramedian position with mild left central canal stenosis.  Everything else is normal.    So, I understand this to mean that my spine is curving in the oposite direction, it is pressing the spinal chord, the nerves are pinched so it hurts....  So my quetion is WHAT DOES THIS REALLY MEAN???  I am only 36 and I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia... could this really be the culprit?  At the time of the Fibro diagnosis the Rheumatologist said my neck did not have natural curve....I did my reading and found info on cervical kyphosis... What are the chances that I will hve to have surgery?  Can this make me a parapalegic?  Am I going to start looking like the hunchback? AM I GOING TO DIE?!?!?  I know that is extreeme, but I am too young to fall apart?  I have already had a TOTAL hysterectomy and gall bladder removed... It's like my body is destroying itself!  I have had a slightly elevated ANA test before.  Could Lupus cause all this?  If so I may need to get re-tested.