Stinging leg pain in salt water
I experience a stinging pain over both legs from hips to toes while swimming in salt water.
The pain lasted for 15 minutes after leaving the water. The surface of my legs felt like tiny grains of sand over the surface.

Any ideas on what the cause may have been.  I am in good health, walking and exercising regularly.
Hi there.

Your symptoms may have been due to some form of irritation brought about by the high concentration of salt in the water, or through some form of dehydration from the tissues.  This can also be from some form of microscopic jellyfish stings that are floating on the water, especially if there is a recent previous rain or storm.  Precautionary measures for this would include application of anti-jellyfish stings lotion, and keeping yourself hydrated with water before taking the plunge.  Regards.