Neurology Community
Stinging pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Stinging pain

I am having some pain issues, they have been going on for a while.  The worst and most concerning for me right now is the leg pain.   It is a stinging pain, mostly behind the back of my knees but covering a lot of my legs.  This started when I was in nursing school and had to stand at the hospital a lot.  I am over weight and I was wondering at first if it was varicose veins.  But, I have a lot of stinging pain in my left hip, left arm and left side of my face and the pain in the face seems to be in the nerve distribution.  The leg pain seems a little different/deeper.  And hurts more if I sit Indian style where my knees are bent.  It has been going on over a year now.  As far as the left-sided arm and face pain, it has only become concerning as of late, over the past three months.

Any suggestions?
Hello.

Can you mention your age here?

The pain seem to follow a pattern. First, in the lower limbs, then the left upper limb and left face. I guess the pain is in both the lower limbs.

Logically thinking, if there is some pathology at the cervical cord which is compressing the cord, it should be evident on an MRI.

Have you been experiencing muscle weakness also ?

Regards
I am 41 years old.  I do have pretty bad lower back pain.  Yes, both of my lower extremities hurt but as far as upper extremities go, I have the pain mostly around my left sacroiliac area, then from my left shoulder blade, down the left arm, and up and across the left side of my face.  I had a horse accident a few years back and had back x-rays where they said everything was okay then.  Since, I haven't had any injury but I have been very sedentary in my job.  I was until I started nursing school, that is.
I forgot to add, I do have occasional muscle weaksness and a weird spasm in odd areas.
Hello.

In my opinion, you need to consult a Neurologist and get a fresh set of investigations. An x ray may not pick up small or soft tissue problems.

Usually, a thorough clinical examination of the nervous system can give a clear idea as to what the problem could be.

Regards