Neurology Community
Strange disabiling neuro symptoms...PLEASE HELP ME...
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Strange disabiling neuro symptoms...PLEASE HELP ME...

I recently went off of clonazepam and nortriptyline in jan.  Been off for 5 months.   Now experiencing these symptoms everyday: head pressure, muscle tension in neck and head, heavy head, numbness, feels like fluid in the back of head, all worse when sitting up or if anything touch the head or scalp (hat or pillow etc),dizziness, extreme fatigue, unrestful sleep, muscle weakness, blurry vision, unable to nap at all, no emotions, some anxiety...Im mostly worried about the head pressure and tensioner in the back of my head as it keeps me from living my life, im currently housebound.  Ive had 2 MRIS of the brain and 1 or the cervical spine, heart echo, stress test, ekg, GI tests too.  ALL was negative.  Im so stressed at this point nothing helps.  Ive seen therapists and and they stated this is no typical anxiety. Im in no pain literally however these symptoms are disabiling.  Does anyone have any insight on this at all?  Ive seen 2 neuros and these issues did not start until the abrupt stop of the meds.  Could this be an aneurysm, blood clot, tumor, or some oyher neuro disease that the mris missed?  Please help me.  
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

Well, without knowing the relevant clinical details or a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possible causes that may need to be considered include medication withdrawal side effects, primary cranial headaches, neuro-muscular causes such as nerve impingement, muscle spasm, vascular causes, nutrient/ micronutrient deficiencies, ear related issues, stress/ anxiety etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by an internist or a neurologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.  
Hope the information is helpful.  

Take care!  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979