Neurology Community
Strange symptoms

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Strange symptoms

Dear dr.

I am writing this message from Croatia because I have a close friend whose child has serious problems and the doctors here don't know what it is. So after a large number of examinations (including MRI , CT ...) they sent her home because (as they said) everything is ok with her. She was having a MRI during the seizure and the doctors said thet they noticed sme changes but they are not sure what are they. Her condition is rapidly getting worse for last three week's.
The symptoms are:
muscle spasms
choking
hand spasms
unable to talk
sweating
during the seizure she doesn't recognize people around her
and also during the seizures she writes notes with her left hand (she is right-handed) and all the words are written backwards (but correct).
her parents have to hold her up so she doesn't choke
seizures last from a few minutes to a few hours
last time she wet herself

After the seizure she feels tired, she doesn't remember, but acts completely normal.
I know they are unable to do anything  but I wanted to search other help form other countries mabe there is a way to help her.
She is 15 years old a except this last few week's she is completely healthy. No stress , no school problems, no problems at home.
Tags: child
Hello.

Did she ever have an EEG (Electroencephalogram) ? An EEG is a sensitive test to pick up any seizure activity in the brain.

From the description, it appears that her brain has a seizure focus in the right brain. It would be a good step if you get the EEG done soon.

Since she has urinary incontinence during some episodes, the seizure may have spread to become generalized. But over all it appears to be a complex partial seizure of the right temporo-parietal region .

Regards
Thank You very much for Your answer!!

The results of MRI are completely ok , EEG is ok when she was having a seizure after the seizure the EEG was not ok. But the doctors don't know what is it. During the seizure she is avare of all the things that are happening around her but she can't control herself. The seizures don't have any patterns , the all occur in a diferent part of the day and they last from few minutes to few hours. I was just talking to her mother on the phone and she said that she will take her to another EEG after the Christmas because she cant wait any longer. The doctors havent given her any kind of medications. Tha last thing the doctors said that this behaviour could be from some kind of a drug , I doubt that because she has been in her house for the last three weeks.
If there is anything else You want to know please tell me I will answer . We are all in great shock and don't know how to help.
If You want I could write You everything from the EEG test.
Thank You once again !
Hope to hear form You soon.
Hello.

Can you please narrate the EEG report. This is a bit unusual.

I am not quite sure if the EEG was normal "during" the seizure. And was it that she had a seizure during EEG ?

Regards