Suddenly not OK
Last Monday (8/24/15) I woke up fine and drove to work fine. About 8:30a I started feeling strange. I had a buzz all over my body and my scalp was tingling. I felt HIGH. I first drank a lot of water and drank a Slimfast (for the vitamins). When that didn't help at all, I went to a MedCheck (urgent care) in the afternoon and had my TSH checked (I have hypothyroidism) and a full metabolic panel. Both were normal. The NP told me to take the rest of the day Monday and all of Tuesday off so I could get in with my PCP. I did and she was not helpful. She gave me a 6 day pack of prednisone in case I had inflammation. Wednesday night I had to go to the ER because my blood pressure was 189/109 (at my PCP Tuesday it was 120/90 so I think it was the steroids). They did a CT of my head  and said there's no sign of stroke or hemorrhaging. I attempted to work Thursday but any time I get excited (good or bad) my lightheadedness gets much worse. I also have trouble swallowing (I can physically but mentally it's like I'm forgetting how.) I do not experience any headaches and most of the scalp tingling is gone.

When the symptoms started, I had barely started my only cup of coffee. Since, I have not had any caffeine.

I'm not on any meds other than Synthroid. I don't even take OTC meds unless I have severe pain. My diet was unchanged. However, back in 2006 I was in rough shape emotionally and had to go on antidepressants. I was given Wellbutrin 300 XL and Cymbalta 30mg.

THIS FEELS LIKE THE FIRST FEW DAYS OF WELLBUTRIN AND CYMBALTA.

My prednisone doses are over as of yesterday and my bp is still high but not nearly as high as Wednesday. 144/90

I have made a psychiatrist appointment because, frankly, I have no other ideas. My PCP won't indulge me and give me a referral to a neurologist. I need to know if I need to push this further to see a neurologist.

Symptom list:

Lightheadedness
Difficulty swallowing
Dry mouth (possibly from prednisone)
Irritability (possibly from prednisone)
All over body buzz
Difficulty concentrating
Memory problems (lots of "Why did I just do this?" or "What was I doing?")

-Bailey