Neurology Community
Swelling, pain and pressure @ base of skull and stiff neck
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Swelling, pain and pressure @ base of skull and stiff neck

I was told I had a sinus infection yesterday that came on pretty strong. Got some antibiotics for it from the doctor. Today the back of my head from behind my ears to the base of my skull is sore and feels puffy and either side of my neck hurts and is very stiff. I have never felt anything like this before. I do not seem to be running a high fever, but I have a low grade fever of about 100. I cannot seem to find a comfortable position. I feel awful and dizzy. At this point I don't think I am clear headed enough to drive. I have also had periodic bouts of nausea. My ears hurt too, but doc said other than some fluid in the right ear, they are not infected or anything. i also have a sore throat, doc attributed to drainage from sinus infection.

I keep stretching my neck to loosen it up, but it does not help. It feels like there is lots of pressure back there. Putting cold compress back there feels good as the area is very warm.

I also started seeing bright white or silver blobs out of the corner of my eyes a few weeks ago. Not sure if that could be related.