Neurology Community
Swelling of the skull

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Swelling of the skull

I had a brain tumor and cyst removed beneath the membrane. I keep having swelling of the scalp.  The doctor had to make a patch for the membrane and replace and staple the skull section he removed.  Since the operation, I have done extremely well.  The only problem I have is the area he repaired.  I have had water or seepage between the scalp and skull.  I ask my doctor how long this would continue and he could not give me a time table, but did say it would seal its self.  I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem and how long did it take to heal?