T7-T8 and T8-T9 disk herniation and nausea?
I have had progressive back pain for 5 years now and an MRI recently revealed T7-T8 and T8-T9 herniations causing "mass affect" which if I understand means the disc is in contact with the spinal cord and has displaced it but is not compressing it.  My question is I also have a three year history of nausea for which no cause can be found.  Could the herniations be causing it?  
I thought I was reading my own thoughts when I read your post. I have had a back ache that has progressively grown worse over the past six years. I finally got an MRI and got the sad news that even though they see my problem(which is the same as yours) there is really not too much they can do about it. I (like you) have frequent bouts with nasuea. They tell me that surgery is too risky. But to answer your question, it is possible that the herniation could be causing our nasuea. I hope you get better.
Hi there. According to your thoracic spine MRI there is disc herniation or prolapse of T7 T8, T8 T9  levels. this can cause myelopathy, like  increase muscle tone, hyperreflexia, abnormal gait, urinary or bowel incontinence, ipsilateral weakness and contralateral pain or sensory disturbances. Nausea cannot be attributed to this. Consult a physician for assessment of this nausea. Rule out hyperprolactiniemia and gastric disturbance as the cause. Take care.
I have a herniated T7 -T8 and I too have a problem with nausea.  Some medications or other medical conditions can cause nausea, and the pain itself can contribute, but I truly believe that my condition has something to do with the nausea.  I think doctors need to take another look, and perhaps do a study of some kind.  Thanks Nancy W. R.N. (ICU)