TIA
I recently suffered a TIA.   The CT scan showed excessive white matter.  I had a artery biopsy since the doctor thought I might have temperal arteritis.   Results neg.  but I still have numbness and eye and mouth droop on my left side.  I have a history of high blood pressure.   Does this numbness mean that I could have another stroke?

This discussion is related to White matter on the brain.
How are you? What other diagnostic tests were done? A transient ischemic attack occurs when blood flow to a part of the brain stops for a brief period of time. It can also be a warning sign that a true stroke may happen sometime in the future if something is not done to prevent it. With the symptoms such as numbness and eye/mouth droop to one side, stroke can not be completely ruled out. Also, CT scan may not always detect a stroke. Additional testing, including an MRI scan which can be more helpful  may need to be done. It is best that you have this evaluated further by your doctor for proper diagnosis. Take care and do keep us posted.