Tendon releases
My son was in a car accident 8 months ago. He has a TBI. I need to find a doctor that can do tendon releases. He needs them on his arms,  hands, feet. He is being scheduled now for a Backlafin pump trial. He will then require surgery. I have taken him to 2 different doctors. One said they can't do him because he is very contracted and he didn't feel as though he could do it. The other doctor didn't take his insurance. (AmeriHealth Mercy) He is now on MA.
Can someone please help. My son is 22 years old. I have found a doc the is a Ped doctor. But I am having trouble finding a doctor that can do this kind of surgery on an adult.
Can anyone please help. I am trying not to lose hope.
Sometimes physical therapist groups associated with rehab centers can actually do physical therapy to work the contracted areas to loosen the muscles and ligaments and tendons, without surgery.  And if you can get in touch with either a rehab place or PT group, they can have a look at your son and determine if their methods will provide relief, or else they can refer you to the correct physician to either address the problem with medications or surgically release the withdrawn limbs.  And I suppose it might be helpful for your son to have an internal medicine doctor or family doctor to oversee his general condition and be the gatekeeper of all his procedures and make referrals, and being as his insurance may be iffy for that, there are county department of health clinics that have physicians who can see people as walk-ins same day for little or no cost.