Throbbing pressure in head upon standing and walking
I am a 38 yr old female.  About a year ago I started to experience a very strange feeling that occurs periodically when I move from a sitting to a standing position and start to walk.  The sensation is as if my head and neck are throbbing with pressure and I have to stop walking or slow down and stop and stand still for a minute or so to make the sensation stop.  Sounds are muffled in rhythm with the pulsations and I sometimes feel as if I will pass out, but never have.  There is no pain.

I have been checked throughly by my GP, a cardiologist, and an electrophysiologist  and none of them could find a cause.  It does seem to happen sometimes when I am hungry and have missed a meal or eaten later than usual.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you for your time.
Read and follow the earlier posts for ideas. Those of you with excruciating head pain need to see a doctor and not rely on these threads.
Wow ... I know your post is REALLY old, but I just found it when I did a search on throbbing pressure in head on standing.  I stand up, get pressure and throbbing pain in my head; pressure and tightness in my right forearm only; and whooshing in both ears, down my neck, etc.  Have you been able to get to the bottom of it?  I'm told it's complex migraine, but have my doubts, because my migraine meds don't help it.  It happens about every 6 weeks or so, lasts for a couple of weeks.  Cardiologist didn't find anything last year.  Any insight would be appreciated!
Hi Candice - what did you find out about your condition?  I have the exact same symptoms and have been looking on the internet for similar symptoms as my doctor seems stumped as well.  Thank you
I've been having some sharp throbbing pain on top of my head every now and then. Sometimes when i walk during this pains, i feel like my head is about to explode.
nee help please
I'm having this whooshing, throbbing thing too when I get up from computer or from driving. I'm a 52 yr male, had a fall 12 weeks ago. Hurt my neck, but not bad enough to get x-ray. But it was stiff for weeks. Within a couple days, I developed episodes of dizziness (presycope, *not spinning*), pulsating hearing, throbbing head, and sometimes very migraine-like scintillating scotoma in my right vision (rare). ONLY happens when I'm at the keyboard for a long time hunched over craning neck or driving, then stand up. Ordinary standing up or getting out of bed *does not* do it. Takes about 30 sec before it happens, fell like Im going to pass out ... legs might buckle, then goes away in 15-20 min. Symptoms improved a lot in 12 weeks, but still persist. Minor headache if any at all. No other neurological symptoms.

Had an ultrasound of neck arteries: normal flow.
Head MRI: normal
Neck MRI: shortened C6 cervical vertebra and disk with hemangioma in bone (considered common and harmless fatty tumor in most cases) .. very obvious in the MRI images. No constriction of spinal canal according to radiologist. Though looking at the images myself, I'm not quite so sure it isn't sticking out a little.

Neurologist thinks C6 can't be the cause. She thinks it's inner-ear trauma leading to positional vertigo. but I don't get spinning at all ... and the whoosing is in both ears.  

Best guesses so far:
1) C6 injury is somehow poking out when I crane my neck causing change in intercranial pressure or something like that.

2) inner-ear trauma but affecting both ears and without spinning sensation

3) muscle spasms and tightness due to neck pain irritates nerves

None of them really match perfectly.
. Hi rgill,  I've been through the same tests. Still no Def cause. My symptoms returned after years of feeling cured. Going in for Lumbar puncture in a few weeks. Willing to try anything at this point
I had the same symptoms for years especially when getting out of the car. Solution is to keep the window open to allow fresh air to circulate. With the windows up, the inside of cars can harbour pollution, lack of oxygen and positive ions which can raise Serotonin. Serotonin release constricts blood vessels, the body compensates by releasing Adrenaline causing anxiety and wham, migraine city. Avoid stuffy cars, offices, trains, buses etc. One way to ease the frequency of these types of migraines is from a sitting position, stand but do not move away for about a minute giving the blood time to even out of the body. I have cut out all caffeine and processed food, no vigorous exercise, weight control, supplements include feverfew and magnesium. Doctors do not understand this condition and always assume its low Serotonin. Infract, its high Serotonin and in my case exacerbated by weather fronts.This causes low monoamine oxidase and therefore increased norepinephrine, serotonin, dopamine etc...check it out, it all ties in. I have discussed this coloration with a professor of neurology and they are frankly clueless. I have spend 10 years plus researching all of this and the steps I have taken have reduced my migraines by 95%    
Is there a blood test for serotonin levels? What diagnostics do you suggest?
I have the same symptoms, wondering if you are still experiencing this and if you have figured out whats causing it.  
My symptoms are essentially gone. I say essentially, because once in a rare while, under the right conditions, I'll notice very minor throbbing ... always seems associated with muscle tension in neck, shoulders and scalp and is often made worse when I have wet hair in cold dry air. Someone told me shoulder muscle tension can be caused by C6 vertebra problems ... so may be related. So I think this was nerve/muscle-related, possibly involving inner ear in some way, though I couldn't localize a particular problem spot. Anyhow, it seems to have healed over a long period of time. Best of luck to the rest of you.
By the way, I like GarethS's serotonin ideas (see above message), and haven't ruled serotonin problem out, but several things don't correlate for me. I'm an avid runner and have stepped up my running in the past 3 months (about 5-6 miles every other day). So, if anything, the exercise might be helping me. I also consume a lot of green tea, so I'm getting a fair amount of caffein. But my symptoms did seem very migraine-like in nature.
I don't normally have headaches but this past week (June 9th) I've been getting  what I think feels like a tension headache every day.  I really can't understand it as I normally drink half my body weight in water and have consumed even more this week in effort to troubleshoot my recent development of headaches.  I'll have some light congestion in the mornings and may get a bit more 'flemmy' during the day but I don't have any other symptoms that could help indicate what the cause of my headaches are. I do at times become sensitive to the light, loud noises, and my head will throb if I bend over... the normal headache stuff.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what's happening?

-Christa
Hello everyone, I have read all your comments and have suffered all of the symptoms mentioned. In 1993 I went to the opticians and was found to have papiloedema which was caused by raised CSF pressure in my head. I had a lumbar puncture and was diagnosed with IIH. Look it up. 6 years ago I had an MRI at a local hospital because the problem seemed to come back, but was a little different. Extreme pain in the back of my head and awful pain on coughing, sneezing, bending, laughing. Neuro said MRI was clear, but it wasn't! After years of being told it was anxiety or tension headaches, I finally paid to have a private MRI with a written report. £195. The best £195 I ever spent. I have a hindbrain hernia, also known as Chiari malformation, again check it out online. I am now under a Neuro surgeon who knows about and understands the condition. There are many neurologists and Neuro surgeons that miss it, just as my local hospital did. I am now on the waiting list for decompression surgery. Don't give up, keep fighting, you know your body better than anyone else. Those of you who have had MRI scans, ask if there was any sign of Chiari malformation or request a 2nd opinion. I chose my Neuro from an affiliated list of the Ann Conroy Trust, which is an organisation that supports people with the condition and also works alongside medical professionals. My Neuro surgeon saw my MRI from 2008 and said the Chiari was evident but was missed! Don't suffer in silence.
Interesting reading !

I am pretty much not a headachy person. I might have had 2 or 3 mild headaches in my life.

6 months ago i had most of my pituitary gland removed due to Cushing's Disease.

3 months ago i had a visual field test that showed possible swelling around the optic nerve.

6 weeks  ago i started waking with headaches at about 4.30am ! i would sleep more then wake later with less of a headache but when i stood up i would get a whooshing sound in my ears and a throbbing in the top of my head. i told me GP. She said its normal when you first stand up ( Normal My #$$, if it was normal wouldnt it have been happening all my life, anyway i digress lol ). So i had these headaches, i got blurred vision and my blood pressure went up to 234/127. So off i go to hospital for 4 days.They played around with my blood pressure meds and sent me home. I still had headaches, blurred vision and my BP was 180/105( now on 4 different BP meds ).

2 weeks ago i went and had a repeat of my visual field test. The Opthmalogist wasnt too happy, basically told me one quadrant of my vision in my left eye was gone. Said he would speak to my Endocrinologist !

2 days later i noticed what i can only describe as a smudge in my vision...very annoying, but not painful and yes i can still see. but im not driving, im too scared to. I drove one day and as it got darker i couldnt tell where the other cars on the road were, kind of a distortion thing i guess

My Endocrinologist rang the next day and said i need to go for an urgent MRI...so i did.

That was 1 week ago. i have had no results, no phone calls. But i did get a letter advising me i have a Neurology outpatient appointment on 13th october ! i rang to confirm as i was waiting for an endocrine appointment. Hospital said, yes, the neurosurgeon refered you to neurolgy following your MRI. Hmmm thanks for that.

So now im trying to guess whats going on. Did my MRI show up something, if so what?, if not then why am i being referred to neurology?

I hate being in the dark. Yes i know i only have 2 weeks til i find out, but 2 weeks is hell when your second guessing.

Summary : i still have headaches ( they are for the most part mild, throbbing when i stand followed by whooshing in ears), vision has maybe slightly improved in last 2 days but still not normal. Blood pressure is still sitting around 180/105

Any ideas, advice anything at all appreciated :)

sorry for the long post :)
I have the EXACT same symptoms, especially when lying on my stomach and walking up the stairs. I am 5'5", 130 pounds. Its not the weight, its something else.
I developed problems with dairy, aspertame & all yeast products at about the same time & had to go on a very simple limited diet to figure out what was causing the debilitating, life-limiting migraines I started getting - and I still have occasional surprises.  Malted barley gives me migraines as badly as yeast products.  Fioricet takes off the worst edge & sometimes stops my migraine totally.  I would advise you to go on a very limited diet of fresh fruit, vegetables & meat and slowly add other foods & drinks to see if there are any dietary triggers.  Do keep a journal and include any vitamins, supplements, drugs, etc - anything you ingest.  Good luck.  It is SOOO worth it if you find that eliminating some food or drink can give you back your life!
I cut out all artificial sweeteners. You MUST do this. Then I realized that my mouthwash contained a variant of saccharin(worst of all the fake sugars) in it. I stopped using it and all symptoms stopped.
hi. I have experienced these types of migraines in the past.  I also went to a specialist and didn't get much of a diagnosis except it was an  migraine.  I was having a fitness specialist help me with some exercises and she noticed that I hold my breath when I am trying to exert myself in exercising and after some discussion about the headaches I was having she said it could be the cause.  She was right! whenever I feel one coming on I take deep breathes and it goes away quickly. I hope this helps you too.
I have to say that sounds just like mine. I have asked my doctor several times what could it be. He thought taking aspirin would help since I take blood pressure medications and I took that for a week with no help. So I don't know what it is but I have been dealing with it for about 4 years. It happens mostly after sitting or lying for awhile. I will stand up and then all of a sudden my left ;side of my head will start to hurt and then I have to stop walking and just stand there until it goes away and it also affects my left eye. It lasts about 30 seconds to 1 minute
   I have had two head injuries, causing post concussion symtoms along with body pain, and have found relief with a Chiropractor who specializes in cervical subluxation in Roseburg, Oregon. There are nerves and blood vessels that can become pinched by offset top 1 or 2 vertebrae, or even turned on the occipital condyle. The second which could happen with whiplash. Be examined by someone who will actually touch you and fix it if this is what it is. Why should anyone suffer with bad medicine, and worry.
is there anybody who find any solution to this problem. I'm in the same positions with you. I dont know what to do. please tell something.
Hi Lisa you could try to get a sleep test done, you'll have wires hooked up to you while you sleep in an observation room. You could have sleep apnea that is when you have obstruction in your trachea and basically your brain doesn't get enough oxygen, I mean think about it if your brain doesn't get enough oxygen then maybe that's where the pain & throbbing is coming from... I hopes this helps you out in anyway...
46 year old female having the exact sypmtoms described here. I have had two MRIs and MRAs which show there is nothing pathological. This started up after I had Lyme disease & menigitis last summer. They were unable to determine if it was menigitis caused by Lyme or a viral meningits. I must also say that I am relieved (though not happy) that other people are going through this too. I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one. I am going to see my ENT next week and will suggest Miniere's disease to him. I'll post again with anything conclusive. If this appointment yeilds no results, I'll be making an appointment at Mass Eye and Ear.
I cut out all fake sugar and then realized that my mouthwash contained a variant of saccharin(worst of all) in it. I stopped using it and all symptoms stopped.
From my experience of having the same pressure in the head after standing up from a sitting position (never from lying down) and also experiencing the muffling hearing sometimes, I have come to the conclusion that is related to muscle tension in the neck. I have had chinese massage once  a week for the past 3 or 4 weeks, and the problem is practically gone. You will notice the difference gradually, and I think the massages need to be done for quite a few months regularly, to maintain the effect. I work sitting down, using a computer for MANY hours a day, sometimes upto 12. I think for what i have read that most people who experience this, have the same thing in common: sitting down for long periods of time. For me, this is in most cases  just severe and accumulated (sometimes over many years) muscle tension in the neck. Try the neck massages and I am sure you will see the difference. For me, the best ones are the Chinese massages, since their technique, to me at least, is very effective. Hope you all get better soon!!
Okay, this is BS. This thread is going on eight years old and we still don't have a diagnosis??

I just called Mayo Clinic (at which I am an established medical and surgical patient). They said the diagnosis would start with an ear, nose and throat doctor, not a neurologist (even though I've already had the inner ear "vestibular" test). Then, I was told Mayo's wait list for ENT was so long that they weren't even taking more names. So I'm going to keep the neurology appointment I have for Sept 1 with a non-Mayo doctor. I had hoped that since this appears to be a yet unnamed, undescribed "syndrome" that Mayo would take the ball and run with it.
Well, I stopped using mouthwash with saccharin in it and all symptoms stopped.
In the last three months I have had episodes of pulsating in my head, hearing that pulsates loud and soft, uneasiness/dizziness.  These last about 20 secs.  It started with only a few times a week and now I have them 2-3 times a day.  I also get a brain shifting sensation or a pressure feeling as if my head is expanding like a balloon but rarely any headaches.  I do have constant neck pain on the right side.  
My doctor sent me for an MRI just to be safe.  I was diagnosed with a Menangioma brain tumor that is attached to the SSS.  Of course the neurosurgeons I've seen think my symptoms are unrelated.  My tumor is the size of a gumball and they say it is too small to cause symptoms.  I've seen an ENT, Ophthalmologist, Nuerologist and Radiation Oncologist.  Everyone has different opinions.  My MRI report states I have a 4-5mm Chiari but the Nuerosurgeon said it was a "soft call".  
Last year I saw a Orthopedic for my neck and my spine looks fine.  No explanation for the neck pain.  I have been doing massage therapy for years 1-2 times a month (currently once a week) and I tried Chiropractic for 2 full months going twice a week.
I just turned 41 and I weigh 115lbs.  I live a healthy lifestyle. My blood pressure is always low around 110/60.
What I am learning is that I have to be my own advocate and research as much as I can.  It's a daunting task but no one will taker better care of you than yourself. I think I have read more books in the last three months than I have in my lifetime.
As of now my doctor's next plan is to get a MRI of my neck and an EEG to check for sensory seizures (October).  I get another MRI of my brain in December to check for tumor growth.  I don't want to jump to a craniotomy or radiation if the symptoms are from something else.  I have a long list of crossing outs to do first.
In the meantime, I have cut out Caffiene, soda, alcohol, fake sugar, and eating less carbs.  I haven't noticed a difference except the episodes are not as long as they used to be - perhaps because they are more frequent.  I did notice a long episode the one time I drank a Arnold Palmer while on a long drive.  I was tired and needed a little bit of caffeine. It could have been sitting for 2 hours or the caffeine.  Who knows.
I'm finding it conflicting that people are being diagnosed with Psuedotumor cerebri with the same symptoms as me but when I myself actually have a tumor my doctors are saying it's not related.  
I stopped using mouthwash with saccharin in it and all symptoms stopped. I stopped using fake sugar as well, or so I thought.
HUGE headache... warranting a trip to the er. Also hurts like heck when I lean forward, walk, etc...       Your post is a few years old. Can I please ask if you still suffer? If not, what do you think was the cause and what did you to resolve the pain?
I cut out all fake sugar and then realized that my mouthwash contained a variant of saccharin in it. I stopped using it and all symptoms stopped.
hi there,

I have the same thing.  Did you ever find out what it is?
Hi I. Have had exactly the same I think it is a pinched nerve or blood vessel and it doesn't show in tests because we are not in the sitting or driving position when they scan
I think it would be a good idea for all of us who suffer from the VERY SAME thing described by the person who started this thread (her description is EXACTLY what I feel), to mention things like age, being overweight or not, occupation, etc, to try to figure out what things we have in common that may be a trigger for this.
I will start so,

SEX. Female
AGE 54
WEIGHT 80kg and HEIGHT 1.64
WORK at computer ALL DAY LONG
EPISODES: They vary, sometimes once or twice a week, sometimes they dissappear for weeks or even a few months. Even when they happen, they don´t happen every time I stand up.
TREATMENT: Massages seems to help, but after a few months of having them, I have had episodes on two different days this week.

Try some white vinegar and crust fresh garlic  1tbs in the morning and evening, and check bp once a week for 1month. good luck
Carm60, great idea to try to find some commonality. Until I found this site I had no idea so many others experience nearly identical symptoms.

SEX. Female
AGE 55
WEIGHT 200 lbs and HEIGHT 5'4"
Registered Nurse
EPISODES: Ear wooshing, head and neck thumping, and near syncope upon standing from a seated position. Most times I must sit down or bend at the waist or a feel I will pass out. Last summer was my first experience with these episodes and they were happening nearly every day, sometimes several times a day. I kind of attributed them to possibly being dehydrated since it was hot outside.  I hadn't had another one for several months until yesterday. At times they trigger a migraine which I have never had before these episodes.
TREATMENT: My doctor thought the episodes might be a type of migraine and prescribed Imitrex (sumatriptan). I've only taken the Imitrex after the headache begins; next time I'll try to remember to try it for the actual episodes.
Oh my goodness am I glad to come
across this site. Like many of
you my symptoms are identical,
pressure in my head like a baloon expanding rapidly when I stand up and even walking up an incline. It has been going on for nearly 4 years and I am now 40 year old female. It happens every day. Someone mentioned about hearing muffled sounds and feeling like you will pass out but you don't. I feel nervy about walking any distance as I dont feel aware of balance, however I have never fallen. I used to get this most days when I went on my lunch break.Recently it has been about 2\3 times a week. I work at my desk on a computer all day and wondered if it was the break from concentration or food that is giving me there affects, as someone mentioned sugar? I do get migraine and like somebody else my doctor prescribed sumatriptyline (think thats right same family as amitriptyline) after I refused amitriptyline. I took it once and felt odd with dialated eyes so never took it again. Another thing that was mentioned was ENT. I have over the last 5 years been having a problem with my nose, basically the left side doesn't work properly. All the doctor does is prescribe more spray, waste of time. It seems like all these things are releated and it's very frustrating that doctors cannot look into this a bit more seriously, as it is affecting many peoples daily life. I don't feel so alone now after reading this site. Hope we get a remedy soon and good luck to you all:)
I also have the same exact issue. Mine actually started before a couple of months before I started having spinal headaches. Horrible heady that only occur when your in an upright position then subside while lying flat. I had a couple of blood patches done and the pain finally went away. The pressure didn't. For 6 months now at least once a day when I get an insane amount of pressure in my head and dizziness. After a couple of minutes it subsides. Like another person said I noticed it's worse if I miss a meal. I sent a message to my neurologist and he requested that I come in for an appointment. I will let you all know what he tells me. I told my neurosurgeon about it an he could care less to investigate why it was happening since I was no longer in pain. A lot of doctors don't take it seriously because to them it's no big deal. As much as the medical field makes you would think they would work a little harder to figure it out.
I have the same thing and I'm 5'2 and 120lbs so it's not a weight issue.  
EEG tests came back normal so they are not seizures.  
I have this too but not with the arm pain but like you always when getting out of a car i see your comment was sometime ago any answers yet ?
what is exploding head syndrome?
Yep i have the same, only thing that happened to me was a serious fall from a horse and sometimes when i move mt head i get an instant sharp head ache, although i dont get these often now i am left with the lingering Throbbing you describe when sitting for long periods at the computer and driving. have you found any answers or solutions yet ?
ok we  get it cut out all fake sugars :) but i dont never have i even used fake sugars and i have this issue ..........................
Have you been tested for POTS? (Postural tachycardia syndrome)
As this is one of the common symptoms that most people have.
Hope this helps.
You may have a tumor on your brain. I would go to the doctor as soon as possible if you haven't had this problem resolved yet.
You're ******* stupid.
I had the symptoms of throbbing head upon standing that would last 2-3 minutes before subsiding. I've been using 40mg of lasix for 6 years now with very few reoccurring symptoms
I have been experiencing the same symptoms, only it is rising from a low position (car seat or my recliner.)
I spoke with my family doctor today and he thinks it may be spine related.  I also have arthritis of my tail bone from a long ago fracture.
I am being referred to a physical therapist.  Has anyone gone this route?
Sorry, I am just reading this and see most of these posts are quite old.
Jzmatt. I have these symptoms and arthritis in my neck. I have a feeling it's related. Haven't got a conclusion yet. Been treating it as intracranial hypertension.
I have this condition for about 10 years on and off.
I work in front of computers sometimes many hours a day and had problems with my neck.
I had b12 deficiency.
I have Hashimoto.
The most common is that when I get out of my car after a minute or twoI  would start hearing the pounding in my ears , I would feel pressure on my head , my right leg would get numb and I would start feeling a strong headache in the inside of my head. After 2-4 minutes it would pass, in rare cases it would develop into a Migraine that day.
This usually happens once per day when it happens.
I have hashimoto, usually my thyroid is stable but when it is not stable the symptoms would get worse.
When I am sick the symptoms got worse
What I found out is that when I had anti fungal treatment versus candida the symptoms would lessen and sometimes disappear completly for month even if the candida came back.(I used lamicil and flucanzol)
Lately afer a few months without any incident I suddenly started getting these attacks in mass.
When I tried to understand what has changed , I remembered that I started in the last four month to eat fish at least once every two weeks(usually I eat none) so I started avoiding any kind of seafood and the attacks are starting  to lessen considerably (month and a half without any kind of seafood)
What I know is the iodine in fish irritates the thyroid even thou in tests the thyroid results were stable.
I also read the sympthoms of mercury poisoning (there is some mercury in fish)  and I had four of them , I didn't consume enough fish to suffer from it but maybe I am more sensitive to it.
The reason most of you can't find a cure is that to understand and identify the problem you need a team of doctors to identify the root causes. You need orthopedist(for neck and spine) , internal medicine, (dermatologist  and gastrologist for candida) , neurologist and naturopath and you need them to work together to make sense of all the sympthoms and understand the root cause, but the chances for that  are slim to none.
So my advise is check if you havbe any kind of thyrods problem (check of antigens) even if it's stable.
Check for candida in specialized labs.
Check if you suffer from any kind of metal poisoning
Check your b12
I am not sure if I found the root cause but I found the some of the links in the vicious cycle and broke them, So I am getting better.
Hope that helps
Wow, a definite correlation to my symptoms and diet. I will definitely look into this as a cause.  Thanks!
Had it happen to me today,  went to the ER because it only got worse.  My O2 saturation levels were 30 when i got there, additional testing ruled out heart attack. My heart rate and pulse was elevated. I have restricted breathing due to intense seasonal allergies from mountain cedar pollen. I was given a nitro patch for angina, Ativan to lower BP and HR, steroids (IV & Inhalation) for restricted airways, potassium for hypokalemia, and something for vertigo. I was given a prescription for antibiotics for bronchitis and steroids for various allergens. Even after all that, it still continues with symptoms of asthma. I will make an appointment with my Primary Care Physician for further diagnosis then let you all known what i find out. ***@****
I just left hospital from having an MRI for this very thing. Its been going on for several years...throbbing pressure in head when going from sitting to standing, extreme dizziness, headache.....used to get better after eating but has gotten progressively worse. Mentioned it every time I had a drs appt but he just passed over it. Im sure the MRI will not show anything and once again I will think Im just crazy.  Irs such a relief to find out others have this exact problem. If I actually get a diagnosis, I will share.
I have the same symptoms. Whooshing, throbbing pressure in my ears when standing up after sitting for a while. One thing I noticed in my case is that if I have a full bladder it is much worse. I drink a lot of water during the day and when I get up from my desk, if I need to "go", the pressure in my head is more intense and sometimes accompanied by vertigo. It usually passes in a minute or so, but it is very disconcerting.

Sorry if that is TMI. But it is definitely a pattern I have noticed. I wish someone had an answer. My doctor just kind of ignores it when I mention it. Blames it on my blood pressure. But I have checked my BP immediately when it happens at home and it is totally normal (normal for me). Not too high, not too low.
I've been getting the same thing and I'm 15 only I get dizzy as well.It's horrible
I have just come from my Dr this afternoon.My symptoms are an instant band of pain around the back of my head and my hearing is affected at the same time. I can only describe the hearing as if my hearing is being switched off and on to the rythym of my heartbeat. It only lasts for a few minutes and everything is back to normal.The doctor said she didn't have a clue what it was and I left the surgery no wiser.
For the last several weeks my 63 year old mother has been having these sensations: blocked ears and whooshing sounds (usually when getting up out of the car) and blocked or full ear sensations when lying down or tying her shoes. She is also quite overweight. She doesn't have any diagnosed heart problems, has low blood pressure if anything, and doesn't smoke, yet I still fear a possibly stroke. Am I worrying for nothing?
She is working on turning her diet around and getting consistent exercise. She's already lost a few pounds, but I hope it's not too late.
I have the same thing along with a ton of other symptoms. I have had every imaginable test that could be done and have gotten no answers until I saw an Upper Cervical Precision Chiropractor. He took Precision X-rays and told me that my cervical spine is severly out of alignment and is putting pressure on my brain stem and nerves and arteries around it. When he adjusted me I had relief for about two hours and then they came back. I have ligament damage in my neck and also arthritis, so I know it will take a while to hold the adjustment, but I am confident that this will help me because no one else has. I have seen 3 neurologists, 2 ENTs, had my heart checked twice, MRI of brain, among other things. Please please look up Upper Cervical Precision Chiropractic, it is soooo much different than regular chiropractic and it benefits so many people.
Did it help?