Tolosa-Hunt Syndrome?
Can anybody tell me about Tolosa-Hunt Syndrome?  My child is 7 years old 2 months ago had double vision, headaches.  We have done many MRI's and CT Scans they can't tell me if its a tumor or inflammation.  Her sympotms started on a Thursday, in 12 days they were gone.  Could this be Tolosa-Hunt Syndrome?

Please help.

Hi.

The only factor that goes slightly against the diagnosis of THS is the age. It is usually seen in the twenties. But we can always expect exceptions.

There is a blood filled sinus in the brain called cavernous sinus. The nerves passing through the sinus may be affected by the inflammation in the sinus. In THS, there is a granulomatous inflammation.

I suspect there is injury to the oculomotor (III) and/or the trochlear (IV) cranial nerves. That is the reason behind her vision problems.

There are good chances of spontaneous recovery. You may be correct. This could have been THS.

Regards
I am 34 years old and was recently diagonsed with THS. At first they said it was 6th nerve palsy, but after the movement of my eye stopped and my lid closed they changed it to THS. I have been on steriods for a few weeks now. My lid is almost completely open and I have some movement back in my eye. Still have double vision. The progress seems to be very slow. I was wondering if there is anything else that can be done, or do I still need to "wait and see". I've had ct, mri, and angiograms, all came back good, along with my blood work. Will this ever go away and if it does will it come back?