Twitching, Pins and Needles
Hi, I am a 20 year old female, 5'3,130lbs

About two months ago various parts of my body would twitch when I would lay down and relax.  Since then it has gotten alot more severe and has associated itself with pain.  I feel like I have needles sticking me in various parts of my body...usually the bottom of my feet.  I don't know what is going on.  Do you know what this could be the cause of?
Hi there.

There can be several causes to these things that you are experiencing.  One is that you can have electrolyte problems especially with calcium and potassium as these are all essential in normal muscle and nerve function.  Another cause is micronutrient deficiency such as vitamin B which is also needed in nerve function.  Another condition that can cause this are demyelinating conditions such as MS or ALS.  Localized nerve compressions can also cause this.  I suggest you have this evaluated by your doctor or preferrably a neurologist.  He may request imaging tests such as MRI or nerve and muscle tests such as NCV and EMG.  Regards and God bless...