Twitching comes and goes
Hello, 33 yr old female.
Symptoms:All over body twitching since July/6 months, w/buzzing, lasts a sec, jumps from one part of body to the next, all day.At times, it was almost completely gone, but then returned.It stops when I move, for the moment, but will come back when resting.Sensation in the front of neck, will come for a few days, then leave for weeks.When it is there, it can feel like a crawling, & can be sore.It does NOT feel like a lump & no swallowing issues.No weakness at all.No changes in how my muscles look.Recently, been having moderate leg pain, in both legs. Mainly in the front of my thighs, with burning.No cramping, where the muscles lock & are painful.Have not had that.Major fear of ALS.The fear & twitching comes & goes.High anxiety

Exams:Lab tests are normal, including antibody, B vitamins & thyroid.CT of brain, EKG, many nerve conduction tests, MRI of brain & spine & spinal tap in May (before twitching started) were all normal.Reason for MRI then: Sudden numbness of left side of body.They found 2 slight herniations in my cervical spine, which explained my neck pain but were not the cause of the numbness.Diagnosis then: psychosomatic.Been to neurologist twice about twitching since July.Each time, she performed simple reflex tests & diagnosed me w/BFS,  but will perform nerve conduction tests on 21-Jan (no EMG).Been in psychotherapy/hypnosis for relaxation.Helps, but expensive

HX:No neuro diseases known in family, except for mother's cousin diagnosed w/myasthenia gravis in his 60's.I do not have any diseases & am otherwise totally healthy

Meds:Opipramol (drug available in Germany, for anxiety.Tried magnesium/calcium & it did not help twitching.Have taken ibuprofen for leg pain, helps only little

Reason for post:The twitching is back.I google & read everyone else's BFS/ALS anxiety stories, but I know everyone is different so I would like to see if I can receive opinions on my case.Living in constant fear that one day the weakness/ALS will start
what is BFS?
Benign fasciculation syndrome (aka harmless muscle twitching). www.aboutbfs.com
Ask them to test for thyroid again...tell them you want complete testing done...including the reverse test. They have numbers that they consider "normal" but they only ever test for TSH. That isn't enough if your levels come back normal.
I'm not saying it's your thyroid, but that can be one thing that's causing it.
Mentioning it because you say you've been tested for everything under the sun and it's all come back negative.
Have you tried a chiropractor or massage therapy?
Hi thanks for replying. I will ask about the thyroid. I believe they did the full test, but I will make sure. I tried osteopathic therapy, also expensive but it did not help anyway. Massage/physiotherapy helped me relax. Relaxing seems to reduce the twitching. Today though, first time I noticed the kind of pain in my thighs also in my arms. Very new.
I have not had an EMG because the neurologists here need to have enough reasons to order it, and they don't feel it's necessary for me. I am terrified of having it done too, but will do it if they order one.