Aa
A
A
Close
Unresolved symptoms
I don't know if I'm in the right area for this question, but here goes:
Last Wednesday I was feeling dizzy, room moves when I don't type of thing. Thursday it was dizzy plus a drunk feeling, speaking was slurred but only on occasion, then I passed out. My boss called 911 and I was taken to the hospital. From Thursday afternoon to Friday evening, they did the following: blood work, urine test, EKG, EEG, ultrasound on my heart, xray of the chest, MRI on my head and a MRA on my neck. ALL came back normal. I was released Friday night still dizzy but not drunk feeling. All weekend, I stayed dizzy. Today the slurred speaking came back, and now I have a problem with memory. Asking the same question3 times within 20 minutes because I don't remember asking it before... that type of thing. What else can be checked to find the problem?!?!?! I'm really scared about this.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1711789 tn?1361311607
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include low blood sugar, low blood pressure, TIA/ strokes, medication/ drug side effect, autonomic disturbances etc. In acute episodes, a CT is preferred over an MRI which may also be normal in TIAs. Consider doing d-dimer to check for evidence of clot breakdown. I would also suggest considering a detailed evaluation by a neurologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources