Aa
A
A
Close
Unusual Daily Spells
My 15yo dtr has had daily episodes of the following symptoms in varying degrees for 3 weeks:  Sudden lethargy, moderate temporal/bilateral h/a, sudden weakness/collapse, ringing in L ear, facial numbness, difficulty speaking, no loss of consciousness, eyes roll, lids twitch, face red, becomes hot and sweaty, sometimes limbs tremulous and begins to hyperventilate.  Episodes last for 5 -45 min. followed by either nearly immediate recovery or somulence for an hour or more.  24 hr EEG during 2 events neg....showed generalized slowing. Head CT, MRI, MRA normal. Blood work including glucose levels and Thyroid tests normal.  EKG normal. She had a L MCA stroke at birth w/ seizures for 2 days, R side weakness for 1 year; now without residual effects.  No official diagnosis at this time by Neurology....they point to anxiety/stress. Psychiatry eval's x2 have r/o anxiety and panic.  

Looking for avenues to research to find a diagnosis and treatment.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
620923 tn?1452919248
sorry ur daughter is going thru this...and that I have no words of wisdom to offer......other than...do not accept a dx that u do not believe is right, if need be find another dr......the only thing I might question is the thyroid labs......mine r "normal" and there r different varients on what "normal" is...and I have Hashimoto's.....it was found with a ultra sound.

with all the labs were her vitamin and mineral levels checked as well?
because of her age....were her hormones checked?

I am not well informed on these issues, just questions I'd ask if it were my child.

Good luck
Godspeed
"selma"
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources