Neurology Community
Upset stomach and Vertigo

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Upset stomach and Vertigo

I have been dealing with vertigo since july 07 I have had a ton of tests with a Neurologist and ENT.  Then in October I started with vomitng and upset stomach I had a ton more test and the only thing they found was a change in my Hida Scan from June to December so they said I should have my gallbladder out and I did 5 days ago and now all my symptoms are back.  My question it I had a clean MRI in August can these be related some how is it my brain making me feel sick and dizzy.  Can a MRI chage in a few months like the HIDA SCAN did should I ask for another one.  I just can not deal with this anymore it has been to long.  I just can be laying down and not move and feel dizzy or if I hear a loud noise or tone I get dizzy.  I am on Loraspam for it but it is not working that well latley for me.  I have been in the ER 2 times with this.  What should I do?
Hi Chen,
How are you feeling?
Vertigo is an illusion of movement, most commonly a sensation of spinning. Usually due to a disturbance in the vestibular system; abnormalities in the visual or somatosensory systems may also contribute to vertigo. Frequently accompanied by nausea, postural unsteadiness, and gait ataxia, and may be provoked or worsened by head movement.
There is physiological vertigo and pathological vertigo.
Pathologic vertigo may be caused by a peripheral (labyrinth or eighth nerve) or central CNS lesion.
Do you have nystagmus? If yes, is it unidirectional or bidirectional?
How severe is vertigo? What is the direction of fall? Do you have tinnitus?
Do you have any other associated symptoms?
Keep me informed.
Bye.
Yes I have nystagmus.  My vertigo interfer with my work and home life.  I feel like I am going to fall to both side and I do have ringing in my ear along with sometimes a dripping noise. I can just be laying still and feel like I am falling and when I hear loud noises it makes me feel dizzy.  Should I see my nerurologist or ENT with this.
Yes, I think you are suffering from vertigo.
The cause for vertigo could be due to pathology in Ear.
The fact that you are having tinnitus with hearing of loud noises without any CNS symptoms indicates Ear pathology.
You should be seeing an ENT surgeon at earliest and get imaging study done.
Keep me informed.
Bye.
I've been having vertigo for 2 weeks going on 3. At first it was on and off spinning. After the 2nd week it was constant rocking sensation. I went to my gp and said I needed to wait that it would go away by it self. When will it go away
Can someone help me? Am I going to stay like this forever
I have episodes with vertigo that will last for days at a time.  It is usually when I have a sinus infection which effects my inner ear.  Now I am experiencing something a little different.  This time I am feeling in my stomach like I am on a roller coaster at times.  That feeling of falling in my stomach in addition to the dizziness to a bit overwhelming to me.  I'd like to know if anyone else has experienced this; or if a Dr. can recognize this as a symptom of vertigo.  Thanks.
i''ve been getting dizzy for 2 years now i am epileptic and they keep saying i am having some type of seizure Iknow myself and my body and this is not a seizure this is different they say i have vertigo but i have had tests on my ears and eyes and merves and everything else you can think of!! I'll just be sitting there and stand up and just fall over its like i feel fine than boom it hits me like a ton of bricks!!! They have given me pills for dizziness that do absolutely nothing  what do i do??