Very few scattered subcortical white matter foci of hyperintense signal intensity in bilateral frontal lobes
I am a 41 year old female.
I have been having a few problems over the last two years. I have had syptoms like dizziness, fatigue, weakness, headaches, insomnia, low blood preasure and confusion. At first I was told it was stress and depression. I was put on Welbutrum and it worked for 3 years.
Since then I have had a tubal and an ablation for heavy periods on Oct. 2010, and the right side of my thyroid removed on Nov. 2010. The three day biopsy showed an incapsilated cancer, which was all removed. Ever since the last surgery in Nov., I have been having bad headaches behind my eyes. An MRI was done to rule out a Pituitary tumor and Adrenal tumor because my cortisal and ACTH levels were high..
Here is what the MRI results said:
Findings: There is normal homogeneous enhancement of the pituitary gland without evidence of pituitary adenoma. The infundibulum demonstrates normal enhancement and is normal in position.
FLAIR images reveal very few scattered subcortical white matter foci of hyperintense signal intensity in bilateral frontal lobes which are nonspecific, however, could perhaps be related to migraines or post-infectious or inflammatory demyelination.This is not consistent with primary demyelinating disease. No other abnormal signal intensity seen within the brain. There is no atrophy. The posterior fossa is unremarkable. There is no abnormal enhancement. Sagittal midline images of the brain demonstrate normal morphology. There is no acute infarct. Visualized sinuses are clear othe than minimal mucosal thickening within the ethmoid and maxillary sinuses.
Impression: No evidense of pituitary gland mass. Few scattered white matter foci of hyperintense signal intestity as decribed above.

Since my thyroid surgery my Coritsal and ACTH levels seem to be coming back to normal. My thyroid levels have read 2.25 in December and 1.75 a month later. Still having trouble with sleep, fatigue,weakness and headaches.
I am concerded about the scattered subcortical white matter foci of hyperintense signal intensity in bilateral frontal lobes.....

Thank you so much
Cammie