Viral Meningitis - After care
Last year my best friend caught Viral Meningitis. she was in hopsital for 10 days after being rushed in, in the middle off the night. After many tests she was told it was Viral Meningitis, and that she was treated and she could go home.

A year later - she says she is still tired and she is geting short tempered - i am wondering, would she have been given any medication to help incase it comes back? And would theses have any side affects to make her short tempered and not her self?
Thank you for your question. Although without being able to examine you I can not offer you the specific advice on diagnosis and treatment that you need, but I would try to provide you some relevant information about your health concern.

From your description of symptoms, it certainly sounds that she may be suffering from post viral fatigue syndrome that may originate after a long lasting viral meningitis. One may experience muscle pain, headache, no refreshing sleep, malaise, pains in joints and sometimes nerve compression symptoms (tingling/weakness) and psychological symptoms after that. To diagnose this it is quite essential that doctor first evaluate persistent (or not properly cured) infection. Meanwhile, she should keep your immunity high by taking a balanced diet, avoid stress, take brisk morning walk and take sufficient sleep. This will surely help her in recovering from your symptoms much faster. Hope this information proves helpful.