Visual snow and another ocular disturbances
I just read a post about this and would like to re-open it to get some opinions. Lately, I've been having some visual conditions. First of all, I've seen some more floaters than I used to. Then I began seeing afterimages, and some kind of tiny lights when looking at the sky. Then I noticed a big black spot after waking up (some minutes after that, actually) that would go away after some blinks. I visited my optometrist and then my ophthalmologist and apparently, besides the fact that my retina is supposedly thinning a little (which the doctor discarded as a serious problem), I was only diagnosed with ocular migraines. I had one ocular migraine some wees before all that, with the center of my vision getting blurry, a big light going at the bottom of my vision field, and a couple of hours of mild pain. The doctor said that the problem was of neurological nature and, in most of the cases, it is not treatable; the only option was to find what triggered the migraine and avoid it. He said not to visit a neurologist in case the problem worsen, because it was not really worth it.

Lately I have developed the symptoms I described at the beginning of the post and associated such symptoms with visual snow, with seems to be a neurological or psychiatric problem. I read the stories of people that are going through exactly the same things.This caused ambivalent reactions in me: On one side, I am very glad because there are actually more people (many more than I expected) going through this and because no I am more confident that this is not actually a problem  with the eye. Yet, I am somehow disappointed because several people said the symptoms did not disappeared or diminished in intensity. I also have some pulse in my head. The symptoms sometimes are not recognizable, but it may be because I am not seeing a solid color image.

Do you have similar symptoms? Have you been diagnosed something in particular? How did it go? I was really freaked out some weeks ago, but now I am starting to feel more comfortable. Hopefully someone can tell me about his or her experiences. Thank you in advance.
Hi there!

Well, without knowing the relevant clinical details or a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to comment specifically on the situation. Assuming all possible ophthalmic/ eye causes ruled out and symptoms could be due to neurologic or rarely neuro-psychiatric causes. In the absence of any other symptoms the neuro-psychiatric causes are less likely a possibility. If the episode are rare/ infrequent and tend to improve on their own, specific management may not be required. However if any of the symptoms is debilitating or the episodes occur frequently or there is development of additional symptoms, a detailed evaluation by a neurologist for suggestion of an appropriate management plan may be sought.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!