Neurology Community
Weakness in legs and hands

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Weakness in legs and hands

Over the last 4 days I have noticed increaing weakness in legs and hands. I can not walk normal because my legs seem to want to buckle under me when i walk. As of today I can not climb one step or get from a setting to a standing position with out assistance,
What could this be? What do I need to do? Not sure what kind of medical help I need to ask for?
Avatar n tn
My mother has gone thru the same thing.  she began with small tingling in her legs and hands and now she cant walk because she did not get her symptoms checked out in time.  Based on all my mother went thru trying to avoid the issue I strongly suggest you make an appointment with a neurologist asap.
Avatar n tn
I finally was diagnose last Thursday with Guillion Berea Syndrome. From what I understand about this I am one of the lucky ones that detected it quick enough to get it under control.
Has anyone out there ever had are dealt wtih anyone whe has been thru this? I was wondering how long it is going to take to get my legs back, and If I get this under control am i at high risk to get it again?
Avatar n tn
Hi i have weakness in my hands as well as in legs, so what all i should for getting correct. Means i cant run, i cant go when there is steps.