Neurology Community
What are the treatments for this??

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

What are the treatments for this??

vestibular neuritis--will be testing for this next week, My first visit to the Neuro he advised this was most like ly my problem, Had a high Epstein Barr problem early in the year have never fully recovered.  Symptoms with this are Numbness/Tingling back of the head and Jaw area. Tired.  Neuro really a nice guy did a nastagmus test and within 5-min he knew this was the problem, will be having addtional testing next week to comfirm this.  My question is what are the procedures to correct this and it has been going on almost a year so I dont think time will heal it???
P.S.  Anyone heard of EBV causing this??
Thanks again,  I will ask again on my follow-up the 10th of next month, but from what I cam remember he said the nerve will take some time to heal and the rx for Tompamax (numbing) and Alprazolom (dizzy) will help with the sypmtoms I am having while this nerve heals.  By the way the Tompamax was a sample pack, not really having any side effects from either just dont know that either is doing anything.
Testing went well,  Confirmed Nerve Damage in my left ear,   Unhappy ENT did not find it, Perhaps he was not equiped to do this kind of testing never the less will be taking a mygrain prevention med for 30days and follow-up.  He is of the impression EBV was the First problem that damaged my nerve and possible my Brain Stem.
No help with current meds????  Is there something else that needs to be looked at or a differant cure??
Any further Sugg???

A close neighbor just sent me this info about Janet Jackson, as her recent vertigo symptoms that caused her to cancel appearances do sound similar to mine.  

http://abcnews.go.com/print?id=6043241    click on this link - it associates these symptoms with migraine pressure without headache pain.  

I don't have the spinning vertigo as others describe.  Janet J's vertigo symptoms of feeling as if she's on a boat or floating, mirrors my experience.   I often have intense pressure in my head but I would never have thought this pressure was a headache or migraine related.  I know how a typical migraine affected my mother - her pain was so severe.

I just returned from a week long process workshop in Mesa AZ and each day was torturous.  I tried not to panic when the motion I felt sitting in a conference room all week just would not ease up.  I could really feel every "bob and dip" movement - fortunately I was able to get up often to take breaks.  I'm curious to find out how Janet Jackson's symptoms have been treated.  The article doesn't say if she's back on tour yet.

I have never heard of - and not one of the doctors I've seen have ever mentioned - " Mal de Debarquement or Floating Woman Syndrome" - I'm printing this article about Janet Jackson to take to my PCP, EN&T, and Naturepath.

I'm hoping this dizziness is just hormonal and related to the onset of menopause.  I've been battling this for a year now and I hope to find out how Janet Jackson was treated - I do feel hopeful!  I also just bought Suzanne Sommers book "Breakthrough" to read on the plane.  Very interesting and insightful.  She confirms the aspects of poor "gut / intestinal / digestive track" health as the root of all health problems.  Her book is getting good reviews.  I will share more as delve deeper into her book.

At the advice of the Naturepath I've been working with, I've been off of wheat and gluten for more than a month.  Unfortunately I had very painful inflammation of my mouth tissue two weeks ago, so she recommend removing processed sugar from my diet as well, to speed the healing process of having thrush/candida. I've never had that before - I thought it was a condition that just affected children - my mouth is fine now.  She said to keep up these diet constraints until she sees that my compromised immune system has improved.

Celiac Sprue runs in my family (cousins) and recent blood work showed I had sensitivity to wheat, almonds, dairy, pineapple and kidney beans.  With supplementing Vitamin D, my levels have been elevated to 23 - I was at 15 or 16.  I take 2000 units each day and try my best to get a little sun each day - not easy to do in this Seattle weather.   I'm hoping these diet adjustments will help lower my high thyroid antibodies as my Naturepath explained poor nutritional / gut health causes autoimmune problems. I'm off of Thyroid hormone as I reacted badly to the low amounts of Synthroid my PCP prescribed.   In a few months I return for more blood work to check levels.

Even with diet changes I'm still dizzy each and every day, still have tinnitus buzzing in my left ear for more than 4 years now and head pressure.

Hope all are doing better, I welcome any thoughts you may have.