What could this be?
I am the mother of two little boys 2.5 and 4.5.  Both my husband and I work full-time and both kids are in the one of the best day cares.  My 4.5 has been diagnosed with a sensory processing disorder.  Basically, he has a speech delay, a mild case of dyspraxia and hates load noises.  He has been treated for this since he was 3 and seems to be progressing wonderfully.

I have noticed for the past month that my normally developing 2.5 year old will rub one ear the next ear and then rub his nose.    He repeats this sometimes at second intervals.  He can also go about a half a day without doing the repetitive behavior. He does not have a runny nose or watery eyes.  It started with some gunk that was draining from his eye that has since stopped. I gave him a teaspoon of allergy medicine yesterday and to no relief.  It was constant but we also had a break in the cold weather. I did find a huge white head in his ear also.  Ouch!! He sleeps soundly with no twitching. Could this be a nervous twitch or allergies?