Neurology Community
White spots on the brain

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

White spots on the brain

I recently had a Brain Scan and they found white spots of different sizes around the cerebellum area.  The brain scan was done in order to find out what is the cause for my hand tremors.  I am also unbalanced, I feel I am losing my strength, and I forget stuff.  I was rules out for Lupus, Lyme disease through a blood test.  The doctor does not know what the white spots are.  I am schedule to have my nerves tested.  If those tests will not provide the clue he wants me to have a spinal tap.  I am bipolar and have been on medications for a few years.

What could be the cause of the white spots?  Tumor? Cancer? MS?...please help. What could the spinal tap show?  
I am really worried and my doctor is now on vacation.
Thanks,
Zehava