Why do I have seizures before I fall asleep?
When I go to sleep and I start to enter into a sleep state I will have a mild seizure that causes my head to jerk up a bit.  The process is repeated over and over again with each one getting stronger and stronger, practically making my head and upper half of body violently jerk up into the air.  Scary stuff for me.  I usually drink alcohol before bed and it doesn't happen, but when I don't drink anything or take sleep pills it happens.  Is this a withdrawal situation?
Yes,
This could be and I am only saying could be a sign of alcohol withdrawal. But there are some factors that need to be taken into consideration. How much do you drink, how long have you been drinking and do you drink everyday?

I strongly suggest you seek professional medical help to find the correct answer to your problem. Regardless of the "trigger" you need to get to the bottom of it. I wish you well.