Neurology Community
Why do I itch so much?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Why do I itch so much?

Good morning,
I have had an itch throughout my body since 2005. I have seen many doctors of which some are specialists.
I have changed my diets, my bathing soaps, washing soaps. I change my sheets very often and I take time in separating my clothes to wash them.
I have done many tests including; blood, urine, stool, enzimes....you name it, I've done it.
The only thing that gives me some relieve is a tablet called "TRIZ".
I MUST take one a day, otherwise I itch untill I'm wailed and cry unitl it goes away.
The last thing I was told by a herbal specialist is that it could be a neurological problem.
I don't want to live on Triz or any other medication for the rest of my life
. What can I do next, please?
Avatar dr m tn
Itching may arise from an irritation of the nerve cells along the skin,  Itching is the main symptom of many skin diseases but may also appear in some systemic conditions, such as chronic renal disease, cirrhosis and some types of cancer. Please consult a neurologist and go for MRI and full body scan to find out if it is due to nerve irritation or nerve damage due to Peripheral neuropathy. Please consult a physician and dermatologist to rule out a skin condition and other systemic conditions. Hope this helps you. Take care and regards!