Neurology Community
Worried over memory loss
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Worried over memory loss

I am a 40 year old woman. I have recently been bothered with memory loss.  Yesterday I couldn't recall the address of someone who I've known for over 30 years.  Obviously, I've wrote the address numerous times.  I frequently say the wrong word or use the wrong name when talking with people...I'm having trouble concentrating and when I go to perform a duty, I often forget what I'm supposed to be doing!  This is really troubling me and I want to know if this could all be stress related or if something could be really wrong with me.  Thanks for any advice you can give me.
Related Discussions
Hi

Memory loss has many precipitating causes like age-related, alcoholism, depression, dementia (Alzheimer's disease), stress, traumatic head injury, side effects of medications, strokes and Parkinson’s disease. All of these can result in mild to severe memory loss.

With the advancement of age, there is some loss of memory. It is usually the recent memory may be affected by aging. However, at your age it is unusual to see any such changes.

If you are facing this problem occasionally, you should not worry too much about it as it is natural to forget things once in a while. In order to overcome being forgetful, you can try out making lists, following a regular routine or calendar and try to connect things in your mind for easy recall.

However, if you feel that your daily routine is being affected due to your forgetfulness, you should consult a neurologist. A detailed physical and neurological examination may be needed to rule out any recent or long-term memory loss. Diagnostic tests that may be performed include CT, MRI and psychometric tests.

Do write in if you need any additional information.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...