Wrong words come out when speaking
Hi all,

For the last 6 weeks the wrong words have been coming out of my mouth about 5 or 6 times a day. Examples: I got to go into the bathroom and turn on the lamp (instead of the fan). Called the plotter at work a scanner. Said the dryer leaked water(instead of the washer). Worried about stroke as I already had a blood clot in my leg but there were no other stroke symptoms. Carotid and heart ultrasound as well as cardiogram were OK. Wonder if I need a brain MRI? Could this be aphasia? Painless migraines?

Thanks!
Isn't that the most aggravating thing? Trying to maintain a professional demeanor when you're spouting off random words is fun. I deal with it pretty regularly combined with completely not being able to find the words for things. My family is both amused and annoyed with it, but you have to play the cards you're dealt, eh?

I've heard of a lot of fibromites having this issue.
Thanks. I find it more stressful than you can imagine ... almost causes a panic attack when it happens as I am so aware of it.