Neurology Community
Xray problems MRI none

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Xray problems MRI none

Both ankles and feet have been killing me for months. The first podiatrist x-rayed the left foot only and saw plantar fasciitis and a bone spur. He refused to x-ray the right foot, I got another podiatrist.
My new podiatrist orders x-rays and MRI's of both feet and ankles. I think, "oh good, finally some help".
I had X-rays of both feet and ankles.
Right ankle: Extensive inflammation in Kagers Fat triangle with poor definition of achilles tendon. Consider MRI.....Large ankle effusion
Right foot: Calcaneonavicular apparent fibrous coalition; Accessory OS Navicularis
Left ankle: Extensive soft tissue swelling over medial malleolus suggesting posterior tibialis tendon injury. Consider MRI
Left foot: Accessory OS Navicularis; Apparent joint space narrowing at cubonavicular joint.

Then I had the MRI's of both feet and ankles. Result..Nothing wrong! Now the podiatrist won't help me any further because he says he has to go by the MRI. I'm in alot of pain. What do I do now?
My X-rays indicate to me some problems, coupled with my verbal testimony of having alot of pain in my ankles and feet for over 4 months. I have to sit with a pillow under my feet or else Im in alot of pain. Walking hurts, standing hurts. Laying down in the fetal postion relieves all symptoms.
Obviously I have problems here, but the podiatrist says he has to go by the MRI. What do I do?
Avatar n tn
go to a chiropractor. i am a chiropractor and i get stuff like this all the time. i'm able to help most people. i'll be honest though, not all chiropractors want to work on feet so you might have to look around some until you find one that will.