Neurology Community
Yellow fluid, please help!!

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Yellow fluid, please help!!

Hellooo, Please help me as I'm soooo confused and frustrated. I hit my head 2 years ago and had a very thin yellowy fluid (not cloudy) running out of my nose like a nose bleed, I went to A&E but it had stopped by the time I was seen. They suggested it might be brain fluid and if I got it again to collect a sample.
  3 weeks ago I hit my head getting into the car and the next day as I was leant over the bath washing my hair it started pouring out again, I caught some in a glass tumbler and went to A&E, I saw a doctor who suggested it was an odd colour for brain fluid but said she would send it off to be tested.
   She asked me if I think it would happen again and I said I think it will happen if I lean forward so she asked me to and it poured out again, so she sent me for an emergency CT scan and then I was put on the ward and was told that as soon as the scan comes back they will arrange for me to have the leak sealed by surgery. The scan came back normal and was sent home with an appointment for an MRI scan and my fluid sample was sent away.

I went for my MRI and they couldn't find anything wrong and apparently the fluid wasn't from my brain so he suggested I see an ear nose and throat specialist because he thinks it may be my sinus although he looked at my sinus on the MRI and said that it also looks normal. I don't have any sinus pain, no blocked or runnyness (unless I hit my head), no pains in my face or around my eyes.

I am confused and frustrated now as I don't know what's going on, I do feel like I have a bit of pressure in my head but eases when I lay down and gets worse when I bend over. I take metformin but for pcos not diabetes could this have affected the glucose in the fluid and therefore they said it wasn't brain fluid because I wasn't asked about medication at the time and have recently found out that they confirm brain fluid as the result of the glucose measured.

If its my sinus what is the liquid? And why does it leak like a tap only when I hit my head? Please help me this just feels like swings and round abouts.

Thank you for taking the time to read my gumf.
Snaith
X
Hi I'm JAC,I'm a 30 yrs. Old and I'm here cause I need answers about a health issue.well I have this yellow liquid that runs down my nose,its like water,but its yellow. this is the first time in my whole life, that this have happened to me I'm getting worried. I just want to know what should I do?,how should I handle it?,is this a seriouse thing?.please somebody,anybody out there that knows about this or have had this yellow liquid runs reply to me "A.S.A.P" PLEASE!.THANK YOU VERY MUCH,.