about ribs
I have a knot on the left side on my ribs.  I was in a car accident a couple of weeks ago, so I was wondering if it could be coming from the car accident.  I just noticed it, and it is tender. I'm a worry wort so the first thing that I think of is it a tumor. I hope not. What do you think it could be?

This discussion is related to disc herniation,pain under left rib cage.
Dear Nicky, welcome to the medhelp forum. I understand your concerns though I think this could be a rib fracture sustained during the motor vehicle accident. Rib fractures are common form of chest trauma and depending on one’s age group, osteoporosis makes one more prone to these. The visible knot could be the displaced fracture ends of the rib. Do you also have breathing difficulty or pain chest in using chest wall muscles? I would suggest that you consult your Primary care physician to examine you and check for any associated lung trauma. Management is usually conservative with painkillers and if there is no compromised breathing.  You are most welcome if you need any clarification. Take care.