Neurology Community
am only 15 so would surgery be right choice though case is severe..:S
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

am only 15 so would surgery be right choice though case is severe..:S

Im a 15 year old boy who is approximately  5feet12 . Ive had an LS MRI
And my results have come as such:
L3L4:
Normal Disc Space.
L4L5:
Bulging disc with narrowing of both exit foramens.
Small posterocentral disc bulge responsible for a mild canal narrowing (around 10mms in ap)
L5S1:
Big posterocentral disc herniation which migrated upwards behind lower part of L5 vertebra.

Significant canal narrowing at this level (from 5 to 8 mms)

BIG extruded disc herniation at L5S1 with canal stenosis (as described)

The doctor suggested me to go for surgery,but my parents think of me being too young and so do i. Am not really understanding what it all means. :S Should i go for a surgery? or carry on physiotherapy ?

Hoping to hear some answers.
Regards
Ad
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi,
How are you? A herniated disk occurs when all or part of a disk in the spine is forced through a weakened part of the disk resulting to pressure on nearby nerves. The spinal bones are separated by disks which cushion the spinal column and put space between the vertebrae. These disks may move out of place from injury or strain and may put pressure on the spinal nerves leading to pain, numbness, or weakness. The symptoms often go away or improve a lot over a period of time. However, if it is severe based from the imaging results, further evaluation may need to be done and may warrant surgery. Seeking another doctor's opinion may also help. Take care and do keep us posted.
Blank
Hello
Thank you very much for the assistance
Well,indeed the case has gone very severe.and operation of two discs is for soon. worried but hopefully everything will go out well.

I'd like to know how much time does it take to completely recover from such a back surgery?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...