Neurology Community
antibiotics for swelling?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

antibiotics for swelling?

I have had a problem for years with swelling in my feet and ankles.  Traveling, warm weather make it worse.  I have noticed a pattern which I was reminded of recently, and that is whenever I take a round of antibiotics, it relieves the swelling for a while.  I finished a 10 day course on Avelox about a week and a half ago, and so far have had no swelling.  Does anybody have any idea why this happens?

This discussion is related to Unexplained Swelling of Left Foot/Ankle.
Avatar n tn
hi  is this still a live blog?
Avatar dr m tn
Out of many causes of ankle and feet swelling , one cause  is Leg infection . That is the reason why your symptoms subside for a while when you take antibiotics . Whenever you get swelling next time , please get a  CBP with ESR test done to know the specific causative organism and take treatment accordingly . Please consult a physician for the same . Hope this helps you . Take care and regards !