Neurology Community
arms falling asleep

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

arms falling asleep

For the last several weeks my arms have been falling asleep while I sleep.  I do sleep on my sides, but the arm that falls asleep is generally not the arm I am lying on.  Also, I have noticed that my right hand gets cold after a day on the computer - understandable I suppose, but the hand feels colder from going from the index to pinkie finger.  Thanks so much!
Hello.

When you work on the computer, do you do a lot of typing work? And do you rest your wrist on a hard surface? Most of the times, it is the right hand which uses the mouse gets into trouble. There is s risk of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, where the nerves are compressed at the wrist level.

But significantly, you have the arm symptoms also. I would suggest that you take an appointment with the neurologist and get an MRI of the cervical spine done.

Meanwhile, try using the computer in breaks.

Regards