Neurology Community
bilateral thigh pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

bilateral thigh pain

I have been experiencing pain in both of my upper thighs. It does not seem to be an issue when just walking around but when trying to get up from a sitting position and walking up or down stairs there is pain in both upper legs. In addition there are times at night that I am unable to sleep because the pain is pulsating in both legs. This is very uncomfortable. I am not sure what the cause of this. I have been walking a mile to a mile and half atleast every other day. Again the pain is not bothersome with just walking.
Amazing....it was as if I had written your comment.  I have the exact same symptoms. I did have a back injury 4 years ago and 2 years ago, out of nowhere, I tore my right thigh muscle. The thigh pain as gotten increasingly worse over the last two months and I know I should see a doctor.  I just wanted to check out the internet first, when I came across this forum.  I will be watching for any comments.
Hmmm...I guess I should have read the date of chinacat's post...is there anyone else out there with these symptoms ???
I too have those exact symptoms and I am seeing my nuerologist about it today.  Getting so that I have to hold on to walls to walk, and it is in my hips as well.  I had an MRI about a year ago that showed a non-enhancing lesion in the place where MS Lesions usually appear.  But since it was only one, they have sent me from dr. to dr. and I haven't been diagnosed yet.  I will have another MRI in July, unless they schedule an earlier one today. I suffered from terrible headaches for the last 4 years, but this is my first really bad bout of symptoms elsewhere on my body.  I have had tingling in my limbs, itchy skin, twitches, vision problems and other minor symptoms, but this is pretty scary for me to think I may not be able to walk one morning.
Thank you for your question. Although without being able to examine you I can not offer you the specific advice on diagnosis and treatment that you need, but I would try to provide you some relevant information about your health concern.

It sounds that it could be a circulatory disturbance (due to compression of leg blood vessels), deep vein thrombosis or a nerve pinched.  This may most likely occurs due to any clots in blood vessels, excessive alcohol use or diabetes. I would suggest evaluating all the possibilities with the help of a doctor first. Further referral to a neurologist will surely help you in getting a more precise opinion here. Hope this information proves help you.