brain lesions
My boyfriend had a spinal tap and a mri and a ct scan because they either thoght he had a stroke or ms which he has neither. but ever since the spinal tap he has been having headaches on the top of his head. but he has lesions on the top of his head. we found all this out about 9 months ago and he still continues to have headaches everyday! we called the doctor and he said to drink caffeine. he does but nothing helps his headaches. do you think that these headaches might be causing damage to his lesions? or are the lesions causing the headaches? we have no insurance so it is hard to go see a doctor! what should we do?

This discussion is related to Lesions on Brain.
Hi there.

I'm sorry to learn that he's experiencing all of these.  Unfortunately, it will indeed be very hard to ascertain the cause of these headaches without a formal neurologic evaluation.  Brain lesions that cause headaches are usually those that are close to the surface to involve the coating of the brain called the meninges, or is impinging on other pain sensitive areas of the head such as the lining of the skull (called the periosteum).  His headaches can also just be due to migraines, in which case should be treated with medications.  It is still best if you can get to a doctor regarding this since there could be a lot of possibilities.  Until then, make sure that he gets adequate rest and avoid stress as much as possible.

Regards and God bless.