cause for left side stiffness & numbness
In June '08 I was sitting watching TV when my left side from my head down to my leg became stiff and numb.  Went to the ER and checked by 5 neuronogists, had scans, MRI & other tests.  Their consensus was a brain event in the rt. thalemus.  For 2 & 1/2 yrs I was living with a 5 out of 10 sensation but last Dec. '10 as I was having dinner, the sensation became worse like an 8 out of 10 and I'm having increased trouble moving my whole left side.  Once again the ER visit and 3 days of testing came out negative.  I'm taking Aggrenox twice a day, Zocor, Valium and Felodipine.  I started exercising in the gym in June '08 losing 35 lbs and  increasing my cardio and overall health changing my diet being careful of sodium & sugar.  I also got into swing dancing in '09.  I'm 73 yrs young and would like to know what the hell is causing this problem and can it be revearsed?
Welcome to the site and to the community. You have come to a place where people are very supportive and have a lot of information. I would like to point out that
as the information on your left says, this is only my personal advice and you should always consult a doctor with problems first. Also, while it is
understandable to want information or advice about medication/s you should never alter or stop without speaking to the prescribing doctor first.
The advice I give is from personal knowledge and or experience, this does not mean I am a health professional or that my advice should be
taken over a health professionals. If I am not able to help, rest assured there will probably be more people to help.
Hi there. These are plausible signs of multiple sclerosis and this needs a detailed examination by a neurologist and other causes of similar overlapping symptoms. The hyper intense lesions in the white matter are areas of demyelination which are peculiar to multiple sclerosis, cerebrospinal fluid also needs to be tested for cells, proteins and oligoclonal bands and electro physiological studies. These along with clinical signs and MRI quite likely point towards multiple sclerosis. Take care.