Neurology Community
cervical herniated discs

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

cervical herniated discs

I have 4 level herniated discs c-3 thru c-7. I have done pt, injection and pain meds but nothing has helped. I was referred to a surgeon and was told he couldn't help me. Is there anything to relieve the pain?
Avatar n tn
I too had the same diagnosis and have the same issues with my neck. I go to Pain management doctors who have me on all sorts of drugs. That is the only way to control the pain. It does not take the pain away though.
Al

Thanks for writing in.
It difficult to give an opinion without clinical examination and knowing the test results. Surgical options are there for disc herniation not relieved by conservative treatment like laminectomy and discectomy.
I would suggest you to take a second opinion and meanwhile continue with Physical therapy.