chest muscle contractions
     I am a 62 year-old-woman experiencing sudden strong chest muscle and diaphragm contractions which force the air out of my lungs very quickly which causes me to grunt (not rhythmic).  Along with this, I have a tight feeling around the bra line.   I also have times when I have to open my mouth as wide as possible and shut my eyes and  this lasts for 10 or so seconds.  
     Although I've had some jerking of some muscles before when I'm very tense (called anxiety-induced), but the forceful jerking and facial thing are both new to me in Oct./12 and are aggravated by caffeine (which I've given up) and some medications.  My legs are sometimes very tight and my hands cramp up too.  I've been taking Clonazepam when I have to go out in public, but don't want to get addicted to it.
         Twenty years ago, I had leg weakness with many falls, spasticity in the legs, extreme fatigue which was diagnosed as transverse myelitis and possible MS.  At that time, it was considered an MS attack, but since I hadn't had another one, I wasn't diagnosed with MS.
      I would like to know the cause of these and if it is something about which to be concerned.  Do you think it's MS related?   I do have an appointment with a neurologist but many months away.  I would value your opinion.
Thank you.