Neurology Community
coldness in legs

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

coldness in legs

I have coldness in my legs that has been going on for a few months. Nothing helps. I used heating pads, hot baths, you name it, I tried it. I talked to my doctor but he didn't say if there was anything for me to do. What can I do? Is there anything that I can buy to help the coldness?

This discussion is related to coldness in legs and cold spots on body.
my legs are very cold from waist to my knees.  I use an electric blanket but nothing works.  It is like they are freezing.  It keeps me awake.  I can't figure it out.  I had this many years ago after having a chest infection.  I have recently had another chest infection and the coldness is back.  Does anyone have any idea what this could be.  I can't sleep, I can't get them warm.  I do work out and it is not real noticiable while I am working out.
I noticed the same ice cold feeling in my lower legs and feet about a year ago, i felt very ill and it coincided with a urinery infection, i had backache and the doctor prescribed co-aximol antibiotics, while i was on the tablets the cold feeling went away, however, the problem keeps returning and i have been on antibiotics for nearly a year now and the doctor said i am just unlucky, i have just finished my 10th lot of antibiotics and just under a week  later the cold legs and feeling of intense cold are back, it is july now and i have to wrap 2 thick dressing gowns around my legs and feet and wear socks to bed,but it still feels icy cold,. i can  only assume it is caused by viral infections and i dont know what is the answer apart from living on antibiotics for the rest of my life!! i am going to continue to try and  find an answer as i am diabetic and do not want even more severe problems to occur with my legs.Dawn
I have the same problem. My Dr said because I am diabetic it could be neuropathy (I know this is mispelled) a nerve problem. He said I need to see a neurologist to make sure. There is medication that you can take for it. My skin is not cold every night, just a lot of nights. It feels so cold it almost hurts. My arms feel the same way. It is only my skin that is cold which is peculiar if you ask me!! It doesn't go any deeper than the skin. I guess that is why it is probably a nerve problem.
hi i have a cold sensation in my right leg sometimes when im walking it like shoots up my shin bone from bottom to top of my shin its like its inside the bone almost like it was a shot of fear sensation im on alot of medication at the moment for depression and stomach problems and cholesterol anaemia i dont sleep too well either i also have a high IRON count in my urine well to be honest i got a urine test done 2 weeks ago and the nurse said i had that but she didnt say it was anyhing to worry bout it doesnt feel wet like some have said on this site..can anyone help thnx ...bonnell
Hi, I have experienced this a few times before, but the other night was the worst, I think. It was like my leg was cold but only on the inside. It woke my up at 2am, and it took me 30 minutes for me to get back to sleep. I'm only 14 years old so I don't really know what it could be..... This has been going on for a few months. The skin on my leg wasn't cold. It was so cold it was hurting........
Ask your doctor to check out your thyroid.
I have the same feeling and im 16 it used to just be my feet ,when i was a little younger i used to cry because it was that bad but now it has reached my knees n on my buttocks its horrible in all the coldness and pain comes at the same time so is there anything to do somebody it feel like i had a cold attack last night and medication to take somebody please
I have these cold flashes as well but I have only recently started looking into it online. I tend to agree with another post on this site stating that it may be a herniated disc pressing on something and subsequently sending incorrect signals to the brain - ie the cold sensation. I only get my flashes while I'm standing or sitting so perhaps if I do have a herniated disc in my neck the pressure is alleviated when I lie down. Are there any times of the day or night when you don't get these cold sensations? Have you tried a chiropractor? I am also wondering if it has anything to do with the supplements I take on a daily basis - cod liver oil and COQ10. Do you take any dietary supplements? I have only had these flashes for a couple of months now and I can't recall anything that might have caused them to appear such as sickness or prescription medication.